Thursday, November 20, 2008

Can't sleep...

So I am up and I can't sleep. This doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does it really does. I can't sleep because I have stuff on my mind and I don't know how to shut my mind off. Sometimes I don't know that I want to either. Funny how that works. So here I am typing a blog entry while the house sleeps, rather the husband and the pets. I wonder if in the morning he will notice that I got up and came downstairs. If he is sleeping soundly he will not notice a thing. Anyways, I hope if you are in the east, all of you are sleeping soundly. Let me know if you are one of the few that is up at this hour. I want to hear what is on your mind. If you get up in the morning and see this post let me know too. Just wondering in general what keeps others up at night.

6 comments:

auraofbeauty said...

I have more trouble staying awake than falling asleep. ha ha I was wondering how you made your blog page look like something other than the standard template choices offered on this site.

Mrs. S. said...

Eck, I am sorry you couldn't sleep. I sometimes have things that wake me up because I can't quit thinking about them. Since I am a teacher, it might be things that I am not prepared for the next day or a student I am super worried about. Also, if I remember something that I am going to have to take care of the next day and I don't want to forget it, I keep waking up. Weird. I hope you still feel rested!

Unknown said...

If I can't sleep it's usually worrying about nonsense, or because of my husband snoring! Or some noise or other. I hope you sleep better tonight!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I have a a lot of trouble sleeping. I have been that way since I started nursing school. Usually the cause is stress. There was a period where I didn't sleep for 4 days straight and when the dr gave me sleeping pills they had the opposite effect. He then informed me that when my body was ready to sleep it would. Ugh! Good luck!

Lauryn said...

The times that I really have a hard time sleeping are when I'm in an argument with someone and we go to bed without resolving it. I lay awake thinking about it!

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight :)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I do the same thing - often, I roll over the same problem over & over while I'm up all night, and it just isn't an issue that's going to get fixed as I lay tossing & turning. Psychiatrists say that when you are distracted & when you are finally able to give your brain a rest from an issue, your subconscious can solve the problem better... so maybe you just need a manicure, a glass of wine & a great movie? Good luck :)