Sunday, October 5, 2008
It is Sunday Again...
If you remember last week I posted It's Sunday and I discussed that day. After being part of the blogsphere for a while I realized Sunday time and time again is one of the highest traffic days. This fact tells me a couple things:
1. Blog reader's enjoy Sunday (assuming reading blogs equals enjoyment).
2. Bloggers spend the day catching up on the weeks happenings.
3. It is a day of reflection.
So, why then do some people hate Sunday's?
If you don't believe me that people hate Sundays check these out:
1. I Hate Sunday You Tube Video
2. I Hate Sunday Support Blog
3. I Hate Sunday Group on Last.fm with 67 proud members
I know, checking those out is a little depressing but I went ahead and did the dirty work for you and here are some themes I found:
1. Some people have a job that is so bad the dread bleeds through to their Sunday - it is the simple knowing that Monday is coming...
2. Let's face it married bloggers, it is a family day, and those with out families can sometimes feel left out of the day.
4. It reminds them of someone special in their lives that is no longer there for whatever reason.
In the case of the YouTube video, I actually really like that song and the video. I have never heard that song before and this was the first time watching the video. I think the lyrics and video demonstrate a couple of the reasons I stated above. I would be pretty depressed too if I got up and was still was in my "going out" makeup and clothes from the night before.
So fellow bloggers, and other's that come across this post. Let's be more understanding and inclusive on this day. Let's share the love we have for this lazy day. I leave you with the picture I found last Sunday, which sums up the day for me. Enjoy your coffee, and have a great day.